Saturday, May 18, 2013

Rothenburg, Dinklesbuhl and Fussen

Yesterday before we left Rothenburg, we "walked the wall"  Most of the wall circling the town from medieval days is still in tact.  We are getting our exercise!  Then we drove from Rothenburg to Dinklesbuhl on Germany's Romantic Road (so beautiful).  The church you see below is an old gothic church, Saint Georg Church.  The pillars were amazing.  Pictures do not do it justice.



After Dinklesbuhl, we decided to speed things up on the autobahn (A7 south).  Before you see the speed, you should know that I did research on how to do this safely.  The skill of the drivers here is beyond the typical US driver.  There are specific guidelines for how to drive on the autobahn.  Nevertheless, it was a lot of fun!  I will have to post the video sometime.
Ok, so I decided to slow down and was in the slow lane doing 105 (like going 60 back home) when a BMW passed in the fast lane faster than any car I have ever had pass me.  My guess is at least 150!
Next stop, Fussen.  We are staying in a coverted convent with a beautiful view of the Alps.


No comments:

Post a Comment